Select Page

Integrate Technology and Adaptive Learning into Your Writing Instruction

So that you can prepare students for just what will soon be expected of these in advanced schooling therefore the workplace, K-12 learning design should really be reflective regarding the 21st century environment. This implies technology that is integrating instructional areas that may college paper writer not need seen extensive tech integration in the past. When students join the workforce, they’ll be expected to leverage digital tools to enhance and guide the task they produce — and we also have a way to give them plenty of practice within the classroom.

One subject that’s often overlooked for digital integration in instruction could be the English Language Arts class — specifically in the certain section of writing instruction. Crafting an essay in a document that is digitaln’t enough to make a difference from completing the task with pencil and paper. There are lots of tools, strategies, and activities for K-12 instruction that can prepare students for the forms of writing work they’ll be producing outside the classroom. Here are some of our favorite methods to teach writing technology that is using

Integrate Social Media into Instruction

It’s no secret that social networking is a central part of many students’ lives, an instrument for a lot of businesses, and a big societal influencer. While educators have mixed feelings about its presence within the classroom, lots of people are considering methods to embrace it, and leverage it as a tool for student learning. If you’re looking to integrate social media into instruction, contemplate using it in an effort to teach writing using technology — after all, it’s possible that your students are going to be using social networking at one part of their lives for an objective linked to learning or job skills, and also the short, concise writing style it demands allows for practice in brevity and clarity. For inspiration, see this informative article from EdSurge.

Make Student Work Visible within the “Real World”

Pending your school’s privacy practices and your students’ comfort levels, explore tips on how to leverage technology to position student operate in the “real world.” When writing on the job, students will find themselves with an audience perhaps much larger than a trained teacher, and you can give them time and energy to practice that visibility into the classroom now. Having a gathering can also make the work feel more relevant for students. Try setting up a classroom blog, where students can communicate with other writers, or even a classroom podcast, similar to this teacher did. Technology allows for greater connectivity and can work as a platform which will make student voices heard — so consider tips on how to use technology to show writing while also teaching citizenship that is digital self-advocacy.

On the job, tasks writing that is involving or argument construction, communication, along with other related areas — will rarely involve only text. Students will likely to be likely to convey information using a number of tools, mediums, and channels. You can make use of technology to instruct writing by giving students the opportunity to test out the tools and methods use that is they’ll communicate on the job by assigning alternatives to essay writing. For inspiration, check out this list of how to use tools like virtual reality, video, and digital timelines written down instruction.

In the last few years, we’ve seen an advancement into the development of technologies that can support instruction in grammar, syntax, and style that is even writing. Although it’s vital that you integrate technology into writing instruction to foster creativity, argumentative skills, and literacy that is digital there’s also an opportunity to leverage technology to personalize the basic principles of writing instruction. The essential opportunities that are powerful in adaptive technologies, the best of which could evaluate what a student knows, needs to know, and it is willing to learn next. For a typical example of ways to use technology that is adaptive teach writing, as well as for a deep-dive to the research behind the technology, see: